3.2 Straight 4 Turbo Diesel (QD32ETi) – E50
- AVE50 - 2WD
- AVWE50 - 4WD
- 147bhp (110kW) @ 3600rpm
- 246lb-ft (333Nm) @ 2000rpm
- Capacity – 3200cc
- Bore – ??
- Stroke – ??
- Block – Cast Iron
- Cylinder Heads – Aluminium
- Typical Fuel Economy – 20mpg Urban / 30mpg Extra Urban / 24mpg combined
- Oil Capacity – 6.9litre
- Oil Type – 5W40 / 10W40 Semi-Synthetic/Fully Synthetic (preferred)
- Coolant Capacity - ???
- Transmission Oil Capacity - ???
- Service Interval – 6000m or 12 months (whichever comes first)
MAF deterioration: Another common problem on any engine that relies on a MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) to adjust the Air/Fuel ration going into the engine. Over time, the sensor on the MAF can become covered in oil, dirt and other deposits as air flows through it. A simple fix is to remove the sensor, soak in Isopropyl Alcohol for 5 minutes to break down the build up of dirt, and clean with a cotton bud. Another option is to replace the MAF altogether
This engine is an electronically controlled Turbo Diesel engine with side mounted (in the E50) intercooler. The engine incorporates a draw through MAF system for fuel/air ratio during combustion. There is no timing belt/chain on this engine, but rather it is operated using a system of interconnecting cogs.
Alternate Vehicles with this engine
- Nissan Terrano (1996-1999)